We are currently hiring for the following positions. Interested applicants are invited to submit their latest resume to email@example.com.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Plan and implement a holistic and developmentally appropriate curriculum in accordance with the policies, frameworks and philosophy.
- Engage, nurture and motivate children through play and hands-on activities.
- Prepare age-appropriate teaching resources, set up learning corners and maintain a pleasant learning environment.
- Provide a safe and clean environment for the care and development of children in the centre.
- Practise effective classroom management.
- Organise and participate in the centre events.
- Establish and maintain strong and collaborative partnerships with parents and the community.
- Open to working with in an inclusive environment.
Minimum education and qualification required:
- Diploma in Pre-school Education Teaching (DPT) / Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education (DECCE) / Diploma in Child Psychology and Early Education / Diploma in Early Childhood Education (DPTL) / Diploma in Early Childhood Studies / Degree in ECCE
- Good command of English with at least GCE ‘O’ Level B4 in English
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player with passion in equipping and inspiring young lives
- Candidates completing an Early Childhood Education related diploma course within 6 months may apply
Key Result Areas
The position of Student Care Manager is a front-line leadership role. Reporting to the Supervisor and the Executive Director of Canossaville Children and Community Services (Caossaville), you will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day Student Care Centre operations. This includes meticulous planning and seamless coordination with Senior Management, the Curriculum Developer, members of the Child Development Unit (CDU), and different stakeholders. It also includes managing people, equipment, technology, information, and all other resources to ensure that quality of the services provided meets regulations set out in the Ministry of Social and Family Development’s (MSF) Guidelines for Student Care Centres, and are in line with the Canossian mission and ethos.
At Canossaville Student Care, you will be responsible for the smooth running of day-to-day operations in the following four broad areas:
a) Providing Administrative and Thought Leadership
You will be involved in overseeing a team of teachers and volunteers, and providing the necessary thought leadership and supervisory oversight of all operational functions within the Student Care Centre.
b) Putting Administrative and Thought Leadership to Work
You will be responsible for developing all Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs) concerning all operational functions within the Student Care Centre, and more if need be.
You are to ensure that the SOPs concerning students and staff at the Student Care Centre are in line with the Canossian mission and ethos, and that all policies and processes conform to relevant Catholic and educational agencies, and MSF’s Guidelines For Student Care Centres.
c) Enhancing Staff and Student Care Manager’s Professional Performance
You will work closely with the Senior Management, Curriculum Developer and in collaboration with the Child Development Unit (CDU) team to identify and develop staff potential to improve the functional and leadership capabilities of the teaching and volunteer team through formulation and implementation of an effective plan for staff professional development.
d) Enhancing Organisational Effectiveness
You will work collaboratively with all staff at Canossaville and the Canossian Eduplex to achieve organisational effectiveness through a clear, shared organisational vision. You will work closely with MSF on output and statistical reports, including MSF audit.
- A recognised university degree, preferably in human resource/teaching or its equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience in a large organization; prior experience in the Student Care management and event management would be advantageous
- Strong leadership and excellent people management skills
- Loves working with children
- Able to work with stakeholders
- Proven track record of excellent planning, analytical and organisational skills
Core work expectations:
To work with the Curriculum Developer and Student-Care Manager to plan and implement curriculum at the Student Care Centre, the ideal candidate is expected to:
- Possess primary school content knowledge for Homework Guidance
- Adopt creative teaching techniques to engage and motivate the students in their studies
- Set up effective routines for work, meal-time and play
- Use technology effectively for work and teaching – be able to use PowerPoint for presentations; Excel for basic formulas and calculations; and video-cameras to document students’ learning
- Able to observe, evaluate and document students’ performance and behaviour on a weekly basis. Each observation is to be recorded in the individual student’s portfolio/folder.
- Perform administrative roles
- Guide students in the fitness programme
- Take initiate to contribute to the profession
- A passion for connecting with children
- Energetic, responsible, has integrity
- Able to meet deadlines and complete work on a timely basis with minimal errors
- Communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with colleagues and parents
- Work cheerfully and collaboratively with all stakeholders to uphold professional conduct and organisation values
- Minimum Diploma and above
- Preferably with teaching qualification or at least 2 years of relevant student care teaching experience in Singapore [Applicants without the teaching qualification or student care experience may apply, and will be considered on a case-by-case basis]