The bright and cheerful smiles from the children is my greatest reward in volunteering.
Volunteering with Canossaville
With limited resources, volunteers represent a major pillar of strength and manpower of CCCS. Your support and contributions enable us to maximise efforts in helping the children in our care.
Current Areas of Need
We are looking for assistance in the following projects:
- Classroom & therapy resource making
- Homework Support
- Subject Support
- English & Reading
- Chinese Language
These are the usual areas whereby volunteers can assist Canossaville Children and Community Services (CCCS):
- One-to-one or small group support in subjects; English, Math and Mother Tongue.
- Engaging our children in the use of technology for learning.
- Engaging our children in the arts (e.g. singing, creative writing, music, dance, storytelling).
- Helping our teachers within the classroom
- Supervising at play or leisure
- Office admin and IT support
We are also open to any other area of expertise that you can offer. Please contact us for further discussion.
- All volunteers are to be at least 16 years old.
- For regular subject support or literacy programs with children, to commit at least once a week over a period of 4 months.
- Children related activities are usually conducted on weekday afternoons. Individual arrangements may vary and are to be mutually agreed upon.
- Should you need to take a break, do let our Community Partnerships Manager know in advance.
Stories From The Field
Through our willingness to help others, we can learn to be happy.
As to the words of Gandhi: If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.
Sign Up As A Volunteer
All volunteers with Canossaville Children and Community Services have to be registered.
Please fill up this form to register your areas of interest and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Sallim Road (Gate 3)